Tuesday, November 28, 2006

It is said in the Bible that one shouldn't give reluctantly or out of compulsion, referring to money. I think this attitude obviously stretches to other areas of a Christian's life. We're supposed to have a heart that is willing and cheerful to give.

Along those same lines, anything a Christian does in his or her life should be up for giving God glory. If I somehow ran the fastest mile (stop laughing), and God could somehow be honored, praised, or promoted by that, then I would be thrilled at the result, even at the loss of personal honor for the win. I find it hard to understand those who choose to prohibit God from receiving glory for things they accomplish in life. Anything I have or am, I attribute to God since I have been bought with the blood of Jesus Christ.

Often it is even easy to overlay a positive Christian attitude or purpose in our everyday actions. It isn't always easy, but I believe it is our responsibility. Practice at the battle helps win the war.

---

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home