Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I've noticed a trend among geeks. Worry. It is almost worthy of including in a job description, it is so pervasive. Right now, I am on vacation for Turkey Day, and I have thought several times about an array of backup tapes at work, a web server, a file server, and several minor computers that may be put under duress in the next coming weeks. Thousands of dollars in projects are lined up, deadlines set for when I return.

My family does a great job of popping me back into real life. "Play with me, Dad!" seems to snap me out of my funk pretty fast. Tape drives don't seem so important in those moments. If something does break, I'm sure I will be notified. Some days, I just need to unplug.

3 Comments:

At November 23, 2006 12:38 AM, Blogger Katrina said...

Play with me, Paul!

:D

You are a great provider and a dedicated employee, and you deserve some time off from the grind, both physically and mentally. Thank you for how hard you work to take care of us. You have your priorities firmly in place, and I love that being a wonderful husband and father is high on your list!

How about a backrub?

 
At November 23, 2006 4:49 AM, Blogger Jules said...

Do you guys come with a plug!? Man! How come no one told me before?? Please let me know WHERE this is located. I have a graphic designer that needs his yanked.;) Happy Thanksgiving! Love ya!!

 
At November 27, 2006 5:37 PM, Blogger PiperMatt said...

I think worry is universal. It's not limited to geeks. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home