Sunday, November 26, 2006

Working in computers, I have begun to realize that we IT guys have more acronyms than just about any other profession I know. We've begun to make up acronyms for things that don't have them. Combine geek, web, and invented acronyms, and I think we could get away with a conversation entirely comprised TLA's*, the's, and and's.

I might be heard to spit out something like, "We have to use ESP to get the firewall to let TCP traffic pass IPSEC over NAT."

One of the common acronyms that we have enjoyed since I earned a cert in computers:

MCRE: Microsoft Certified Reboot Engineer (since that is how you solve most Microsoft problems...reboot)

---
* TLA = Three Letter Acronyms

1 Comments:

At November 27, 2006 8:34 PM, Blogger Katrina said...

Better generate some TLC ASAP or you're AOL this PM. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home