Thursday, November 23, 2006

Paper. My daughter is the queen of paper. She is uber creative and likes to craft various memorabilia ranging from fake playstation game controllers to images of her future boyfriend*. I sit down at the computer. Paper. I go to the kitchen. Paper. I look for the remotes. I find Paper. Toybox? Paper. Empty the vacuum? Paper.

Sometimes I have to get after her for not keeping the paper cleaned up a bit, but it has been cheap love. Her creative energy is amazing to watch and fun to laugh with (and at, sometimes). I nearly fell out of my chair at her most recent creation, a picture of her current boyfriend-who-must-not-be-named. She cut out tiny pink hearts for her eyes. That was detail work.

That's my girl.

---
* I am sure he will appreciate having been a paper doll at one point in his life.

1 Comments:

At November 25, 2006 8:49 PM, Blogger Katrina said...

Yes, she is amazing, isn't she? She is constantly moving, thinking, talking, creating, and sometimes all at once!

You're right--the neverending scraps are a small price to pay for all that creative energy and joy.

And I loved that picture.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home