Monday, November 06, 2006

I am not one to enjoy politics, but I recently received an email from a friend with an anti-Bush sentiment, encouraging people to vote all along the Democratic party line. The email contradicted itself, stating we need to move past the Dem vs Rep attitude and move on to balancing our country, but then resorting to general bashing: "killing, lying, cheating, stealing, coveting possessions, arrogance, etc which Bush and Co. are so good at".

I spent an hour being angry, then I wrote a reply I never emailed:
--------------------------------
Seriously, this self-contradictory email frustrated me greatly. The "Stop Bush" rhetoric is old. Enemies hate you more when you fight back. Usually the right thing to do is not the popular thing to do. Any human will struggle with proper or wise use of power handed over. Tough decisions have been made that many agree with and many are opposed to; this is true in any position of leadership. Yes, no person is perfect.

Yes, vote, but find out the issues for yourself other than from commercials, newsradio, nightly news, and misleading emails. International compromise and partnership doesn't have to involve sacrificing values, convictions, and sovereignty.

A check and balance doesn't involve forcing a change for change's sake. If ultra liberals or uber conservatives hold sway, we'll have trouble either way. Only vote change if you REALLY think that change is going to improve things in a manner more solid than blanket general accusations at "Bush and Co."

The biggest sway in the Presidential position lies in the candidate that does not separate his faith from his politics. Bush said nearly verbatim that his faith permeated his decisions. Kerry said he holds his faith outside his political decisions. I fear for our country and for you if you consider candidates who knowingly tear God from their lives.

Dig deeper. Don't ask people to vote down a line because you sent them en email.

I understand you have a view from Europe. I do not share this view. If you want to talk about this in person, then come talk to me; don't send this to my email again, please.

In my opinion, this was poorly done.

Always your friend, regardless of what's been said.

Paul
---------------------------------

Yeah, I hate politics.

2 Comments:

At November 07, 2006 10:06 AM, Blogger Jules said...

Are you sure you didn't get bit by "the bug"? ;)

 
At November 08, 2006 12:17 AM, Blogger Katrina said...

My ranting and raving is finally starting to wear him down, I think! ;)

p.s. My nightmare is coming true: Speaker Nancy Pelosi! *screams, then faints*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home