Monday, January 01, 2007

Resolutions for 2007:

Make resolutions more specific and less ethereal so I can actually target the goal. Instead of saying "I'm gonna shoot this arrow into that field over there", I'll say "I'm gonna hit that big rock by the oak tree over by the corner of the fence, and I will do it this week."

I am going to whip myself into better shape. I prefer a six-pack to the two-liter (or keg). I'd settle for a four-pack. My goal is to maintain 190lbs or less and to be able to bench my own weight for 10 reps.

Use GTD for my personal life in addition to my work life. No more post-it notes or scraps of paper. If someone gives me a phone number, I will pop out my PDA or phone and enter it right there. (Geek it up, yo.)

Translate all my paper to electronic form. Some things shouldn't be only in digitized format (like certificates, kids' art), so I will keep those. I am aiming to reduce my clutter. This also involves getting rid of the Leaning Tower of Electronics Boxes for electronic devices that are out of warranty anyway.

Spend more time with my kids. I spend time with them, but I believe the time should be more consistent than scheduled around the rest of my life. I want them to know that they are a priority over the myriad of time-suckers.

Speak my wife's love language. I, like many, struggle to break out of that box where I show love in the way I want to be loved. I know my wife's love language details, and I will aim to be more consistent in how I show her.

I'll be playing traditional golf more. I have no target other than to play at least once a month (weather permitting), hopefully often.

To par the disc golf course at the local college on a regular basis. I can par it, yet I can also bounce a disc off a window or throw it over the surrounding road onto the beach (where there are no goals, only angry citizens).

To read the Bible more consistently. I read, yet I will be reading more (and more directed).

To help lead a college-campus group for directing attendees in life-improving discussions. Target membership, 15 campus students by summer.

2 Comments:

At January 02, 2007 8:40 PM, Blogger Katrina said...

Love your list, babe. Thanks for putting me on it--I can hear you speaking my love language right now.

<3

 
At November 23, 2019 1:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...


Something is new for me, I read it and gain a lot of information. Thanks
Deal Me Coupon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home