Friday, January 12, 2007

My kids color a LOT. My daughter has been crafting up a storm since she could hold a crayon, yet my son has been drawing mostly scribbles and an occasional face here and there. He's 4 years younger than her, and still a little guy, so he's learning the ropes. Recently, he decided that the table was not a satisfactory surface for him to draw against, so he took his papers and marker to his mom & dad's bedroom and clambered up onto the bed. His haphazard motion markered the top cover pretty good (although it is green-on-green). He was scolded quite well and eventually relocated to his normal table. After that, his next two color creations I saw were simply an amazing departure from his previous work. He's drawing people holding hands, attempting letters more often on his own, and getting facial expressions down really well. It is such a kick to watch him grow and learn and play so hard.

I now have even more artwork to hang up next to his sister's stuff in my office at work. My coworkers may not enjoy my office decor as much as I...

Paul at work "Look at what my kids drew!"
CoWorker#1 "..."
Paul at work "Isn't it great?!?"
CoWorker#2 [Walks in, sees kid art] "That one of those ink-blot tests?"
CoWorker#1 "Yes, it is. I see a cheeseburger. Let's hit lunch."

Not everyone appreciates the art. I did have to explain a drawing my daughter made of a hunter killing an animal. She wrote the word "dead" on the paper, clarifying the state of the animal in question. Some work-related psychologist is going to come by my office and think my children are disturbed. I know the truth; they are geniuses who are allowed to stretch their creative talents on mediums such as beadspreads.

1 Comments:

At January 16, 2007 10:56 PM, Blogger Katrina said...

This is my favorite post you've ever written. Just FYI.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home