Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sorta-Live Blog! (hit refresh for updates)

I like when Gizmodo and Engadget do liveblogs at important events. Since I don't have world-relevant events to attend, I want to liveblog an open meeting I'm going to. It will be fairly agnostic so as to not tick anyone off.

(10:47am) - Heading over to the location of the meeting. It is hot today.

(11:00am) - I am out of shape. Got winded stepping over a curb.

(11:04am) - Lots of people present. Food setup ready to provide free lunch. People are thinking I have a problem letting go of my job for a few minutes since I have a laptop here.

(11:05am) - Wireless is spotty here outside. Someone should do something about that.

(11:08am) - Important people getting attention. HR people are always important people.

(11:10am) - Warm welcome, Prez incoming.

(11:10am) - Applauding remote center workers who came out for the gathering. /cheer!

(11:12am) - Prez celebrating our achievements. Big anniversaries, group awards, training successes in the community, economy issues overcome. Prez could give Obama tips on ad-libbing.

(11:13am) - Remodel plans for aging part of facilities over the next year. Good deal. Extended property officially available to us now; will be great for the future.

(11:15am) - More people this year. We have to "work like the devil". Pretty sure that's hard work. I'm scared.

(11:19am) - Lots of new recruits to be intro'd soon. We need to weather the economic storm. Protecting compensation and success. Wrapping up Prez comments. Encouraging stuff. I'll work like Jesus tho, if I had a preference.

(11:21am) - HR show back on. New employees! HR guy loves powerpoint, but since we're outside, they've got huge photos! I love our HR.

(11:22am) - Picture mixup. Recovery: 45% success.

(11:23am) - Where does one put a massive picture of oneself without appearing conceited?

(11:26am) - Lot of new people. Lots of retirement.

(11:28am) - Applause for new peeps. Full size pic of upcoming retiree for use in sending pics from locations he's "been" to. I have one of Cpt. Kirk.

(11:29am) - I am a sad person for 11:28am comment?

(11:29am) - Wellness topics. Very awesome benefits to keep employees fit & happy. Lots of fringe benefit incentives and community discounts.

(11:31am) - Chairperson talking about employee discussions about work topics and concerns.

(11:32am) - Local credit union underwriting lunch. Also awesome.

(11:32am) - Credit Union onstage. They love us. Talkin about benefits to employees. Drawings for attendees. /cry I missed the reg table.

(11:34am) - My dad just won a gift card. I LOVE YOU DAD! *hint*

(11:34am) - Quick dismissal and announcement for FOOD.

(11:34am) - /food /out



5 Comments:

At August 18, 2009 11:22 AM, Blogger Katrina said...

Have they thanked the toilet cleaners yet?

 
At August 18, 2009 11:41 AM, Blogger Katrina said...

Mmmm...food. I'm a fan. Is this like Free Pretzel Day at The Office?

 
At November 15, 2010 5:24 PM, Blogger Secrets said...

I love the blow by blow...freakin hilarious!!!

 
At March 02, 2015 2:24 AM, Anonymous Launch Business in Delhi said...

Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

 
At July 11, 2019 2:40 AM, Blogger chetan said...

Glad to read the informative content you have posted for us. Undoubtedly the real estate sector is growing in best flats in Bhopal and the best flat in bhopal are giving exceptional properties to live. In those names, one name is Construction co. top builders in bhopal who provide quality with a blend of affordibility.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home