Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Some of my coworkers and I went downstairs in the student union building at our college campus to talk to someone there. We came down to discover a new pool table, foosball-type table, and a shuffleboard table. I've always thought shuffleboard was something either old people played, or young people played because it was the only game provided on the cruise ship. Our friend spread tiny grains of some kind of silicon all over the table to help the game's little pucks along, and we ended up playing our whole lunch time.
I must admit, all of us got waaaaaay too excited about successfully sliding a puck down a slab of wood,
but we had the spirit of competition. Also, my friend Jesse, who won the majority of our first games, aptly stated "Finally! A sport I'm actually good at!" In his defense, he's also good at flinging plastic water bottle caps at my face. Sadly, he's made that a sport, too.

Other good witty banter heard during a game:
+ "The pucks usually stay ON the table."
+ When a throw comes up waaaay too short: "Nice throw. Your husband teach you that one?"

1 Comments:

At August 09, 2007 10:12 PM, Blogger Katrina said...

Maybe I should come down there sometime and give you guys a run for your money. Hey, if Jesse can do it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home