Saturday, September 03, 2005

I am a geek, yet not a geek first. I am a geek third. My God first, my family second, and my geekness third. I have very different passions for them all. A good friend of mine, Marion, spoke to me recently about how people of faith need to find ways to inject Godliness into their lives whenever possible. He came up with an idea to educate people on ways to use technology to boost their life in Christ. Examples: Pump an iPod full of Christian tunes, get your Bible on your PDA, listen to inspirational audio books, etc.

I am all about utilizing technology for this purpose, and hope to impart a mixture of God and geek to the betterment of those who don't know where the "any" key is, computerized or not.

I'm a certified (certifiable?) Microsoft sys admin and formerly a youth minister. I have ideas in all my areas of passion. I hope to help others as I go about my life with the knowledge and wisdom I have gained (and will gain) along the way. It may go no farther than ridding their computers of spyware and setting up firewalls, yet it may go into helping remove family divisions or emotional barriers. I've got at least two cents to give. The other 98 cents of the buck will hopefully come from God.

4 Comments:

At September 04, 2005 5:03 PM, Blogger Katrina said...

Geeks are hot. Trust me, I know. I married one. ;)

 
At September 30, 2005 1:24 PM, Blogger RosieBoo said...

I stumbled on your site via your wonderful wife's site. I'm so stoked to find a Geek that is also passionate for Christ. Ok, that sounds a bit weird, but the tech world is short on those. :) Do you have a single brother? :)

 
At October 03, 2005 6:59 PM, Blogger Paul said...

Alas, my brother is also happily married. He is a Christian AND he uses both Macs and PCs. I think it runs in the family. :D

 
At October 12, 2005 11:22 AM, Blogger RosieBoo said...

Man, I missed 'em by THAT much. :) Oh well, any other Christian tech geeks you know that are single....pass 'em my way :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home